Differences between leather bags and eco-leather bags. Which one is better?
Without a doubt, leather and eco-leather bags are the most in-demand option when you want a stylish and quality piece to complement your image or want to show off your bag in college for your exam so everyone will think you’re a free essay writer. These fashion accessories have different functions, so one bag is not enough, handbags, vintage or modern bags are just the tip of the iceberg.
But do you know the difference between these two materials? Today we bring everything about them so you can choose the best alternative.
Which is better leather or eco-leather?
There is no single answer, it all depends on your tastes and what you want. While leather pieces have more resistant characteristics, it is usually made of thick and durable material, leather pieces, on the other hand, are more subtle, equally resistant but with much finer finishes.
Of course, everything depends on the curing process, the characteristics of the material, and the finishes to be achieved. This is why both materials, often taken as synonyms when it comes to leather goods, are used in such a wide variety of products.
Vintage, classic or modern bags, backpacks, briefcases, shoulder bags, and with this we only refer to one category, but garments and accessories occupy many more spaces.
The problem with the leather
Don’t panic, leather bags have great features like durability, versatility, strength, style, quality to name a few. The problem when a material encompasses so many positive traits is that counterfeiting begins. That’s why we want to give you some tips so you know for sure what you are buying.
- The first and most practical is to buy the bags of this material in a trusted store that can give you advice before you decide to buy.
- You can also rely on your sense of touch, this is one of the most important to recognize genuine leather, when you touch the product you will see that it is soft, smooth, and flexible, imitations are the opposite.
Tips to take care of your leather handbags
No matter that they are quality pieces, these fashion accessories need certain care so that the use and the passage of time are not noticed.
- Keep your leather bags inside a cotton cover to protect them.
- If you are not going to use it for some time, stuff it with paper to avoid deformation.
- Do not expose it too much to the sun, as it may fade, and do not expose it to water because it may stain.
- With a dry cotton cloth or soft cloth, you can clean it without any problem.
- Moisturize it at least once a year with a mild body cream that does not contain alcohol or oils.
- Fashion accessories start to become part of us, they become a special object that is why knowing its characteristics and how to take care of it is elementary.