Leather is a timeless and stylish material that has been used for clothing and accessories for a very long time now. It is not only durable but also exudes a certain sense of sophistication and class. But beyond just its aesthetic appeal, it is also a sustainable choice. It can last for years and actually improves with age, making it a great investment for your wardrobe.
There are so many options for incorporating leather into your style; read on to find out!
Leather jackets and coats
You can never go wrong with a leather jacket or coat! Whether you want to feel good while playing games at Pokies, or dress up for a formal meeting, a leather jacket or coat is the perfect addition to your wardrobe.
You can pair leather jackets with almost anything- a simple t-shirt and jeans for a casual look or a dress and heels for a more formal occasion. Leather jackets come in different styles, such as motorcycle, bomber, and biker, so you can choose one that fits your personal style. Leather coats, on the other hand, offer a more sophisticated and elegant look and are great for colder weather.
Leather pants and skirts
Depending on the occasion, leather pants can be dressed up or down to provide a modern and sleek appearance. They are a flexible addition to any wardrobe because they come in a range of designs, including narrow, wide-leg, and cropped.
Similarly, leather skirts are also a fantastic alternative that can be worn with a t-shirt for a more laid-back vibe or a blouse for a dressier look.
Who doesn’t love how elegant and classy a pair of leather shoes look? Whether you are going for your first date, a movie with friends, a job interview, etc., there is a perfect leather pair of shoes for you.
Thigh-high boots, ankle boots, loafers, oxfords, and sandals, are good examples of leather shoes that you can wear and can be incorporated into different styles to fit your personal taste.
For instance, a pair of black leather loafers can complement a formal outfit for a work function or dinner date, while brown leather ankle boots can add a casual yet chic touch to a pair of jeans or a flowy dress for a weekend brunch with friends.
Another staple of any fashion-forward wardrobe is a quality leather bag. When choosing a leather bag, consider your personal style and the occasions you will be using it. A classic leather tote is perfect for everyday use, while a chic clutch is ideal for a night out.
Crossbody bags are also a great option for those who want to keep their hands free while on the go. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors and textures of leather to add some variety to your collection.
Leather accessories come in various textures, colors, and finishes, giving you the freedom to mix and match to create your own unique style. From belts, wallets, and gloves to hats and bracelets, there are endless options to choose from.
A simple addition of a leather belt can transform a casual outfit into a more refined look. A leather wallet can be the perfect accessory to complement a suit or dressy attire. A leather bracelet can add a stylish touch to a casual outfit.
Now that you know some of the leather items that can elevate your look, the big question is, how can you take good care of them? Read on.
How to take good care of leather
Leather is a durable and long-lasting material, but it requires proper care to maintain its quality and appearance. Here are some tips on how to take good care of leather:
- Clean regularly: Use a soft, damp cloth to wipe down your leather items regularly. You should avoid using soap or harsh chemicals as they can damage the leather.
- Condition leather: You need to use a leather conditioner to keep your leather items soft and supple. You only need to apply a small amount of conditioner with a soft cloth and rub it gently.
- Protect from water: Leather should be kept dry, so you need to avoid wearing leather in the rain or snow. If your leather gets wet, wipe it down with a dry cloth and let it air dry.
- Store properly: How well you store your leather will determine how long it will serve you. Leather items should be stored in a cool place away from direct sunlight. Also, avoid hanging leather items, as this can cause them to stretch out of shape.
- Avoid heat: Keep leather away from direct heat sources such as radiators, heaters, and fireplaces. Heat can dry out the leather and cause it to crack.
- Treat stains immediately: If you spill something on your leather, clean it up immediately with a damp cloth. If the stain persists, use a leather cleaner specifically designed for the type of leather you have.
Taking good care of your leather items will help them last longer and look their best. By following these simple tips, you can enjoy your leather items for years to come.