To most people, when they hear the words “Sex room”, they tend to conjure imagery of a dark dungeon filled with whips and chains and all sorts of sinister looking sex toys. And while that may indeed sound perfect to many people (don’t worry, we ain’t kink shaming you), others will find it unnerving. That being said, a sex room can be whatever you want it to be!
In this article, we’re going to share some tips on how to create the perfect sex dungeon for you – whether it be an erotic dungeon with crossed dildos mounted on the walls, or a sensual pleasure lounge with comfortable furniture and romantic décor. Let’s dive right into it!
8 Steps to Designing the Ultimate Sex Room
Let’s waste no time and get straight down to brass tacks on a spank paddle; here are 8 steps to designing the ultimate sex room:
1. Set the Mood
- Choose lighting options that can be easily adjusted to create a variety of atmospheres, such as dimmable lights, candles, or string lights. Mood lighting is key!
- Consider scattering around scented candles or diffusers with sensual fragrances to create an alluring ambiance.
2. Select the Right Bed
- Invest in a comfortable and spacious bed that allows freedom of movement and provides adequate support during intimate moments.
- Alternatively, you can find a number of purpose-designed sofas and seats, empowering you to explore a variety of different sex positions.
- Choose high-quality bedding that feels luxurious and indulgent.
3. Create Sensory Experiences
- Incorporate sensual textures like silk or velvet in the form of bedding, cushions, or throws to enhance tactile sensations. Silk on skin can be very sensual indeed!
- Use soft, plush rugs or carpeting to create a cosy and intimate feel underfoot – or for when the action takes you away from the bed to the floor.
4. Introduce Mood-Enhancing Decor
- Hang curtains or drapes that can be drawn to create a sense of privacy and intimacy.
- Add artwork or photographs that evoke desire, passion, or sensuality to set the mood and enhance the erotic atmosphere.
5. Consider Soundscapes
- Install a sound system or use discreet speakers to play soft, melodic music or soothing sounds that enhance relaxation and intimacy.
- If desired, explore the option of incorporating white noise or nature sounds to create a cocoon of privacy.
- Additionally, you may also wish to look at your sound-proofing options if you’d rather spare your neighbours from having to listen to you and your partner go at it.
6. Incorporate Storage Solutions
- Include discreet storage options such as drawers, cabinets, or shelving to keep toys, masturbators, accessories, and other intimate items organised and easily accessible.
- Make sure the storage solutions blend seamlessly with the overall aesthetic of the room.
7. Personalise with Sensual Touches
- Add personal touches that reflect your desires and fantasies, such as sensual fabrics, erotic literature, or items that hold special meaning for you and your partner.
- Customise the space with various elements that cater to your unique tastes and preferences.
8. Pay Attention to Safety
- Make sure the room is equipped with appropriate lighting to prevent accidents and ensure the safety of both partners.
- Consider incorporating any necessary safety equipment, such as handrails or non slip surfaces, to prevent slips and falls.
- Invest in high-quality sex toys for enhanced pleasure and (more importantly) health and safety. You don’t want to find yourself having to go to the hospital at 3am in the morning to have something…unusual removed from your bottom.
Remember, designing a sex room is a very personal and intimate process. It’s essential to communicate openly with your partner, respect each other’s boundaries, and create an environment that enhances pleasure and connection for the both of you.
Follow the tips provided above and you’ll have no trouble creating the ultimate sex room for you and your partner to thoroughly enjoy.